Samoa is made up of several islands and in order to get to the different islands, we had to take the ferry. It took us about an hour and a half to get from Upolo to Savaii. I almost passed out on the ferry trip. I wasn't used to the heat plus the ferry cabin soon turned into a floating furnace. I wasn't sure if I would die first from the heat or from suffocation. Stephen had to half drag me to one of the tiny windows.
In Savaii, we stayed in a beach fale. It's basically a raised platform with no walls, just thatched blinds surrounding the living quarters. It's right smack on the beach so you get fantastic views during the day but the nights were tramautising. There were roaches, and lizards and moths, and WORMS (god knows from where) and the only thing between us and them was a very flimsy mosquito net. Brrrr...! Let's just say it was an experience! :)
This is the beach that our fale was on. The beach is absolutely gorgeous and the waters are crystal clear. We had the whole beach to ourselves so we could frolick all we want!
Stephen doing his model pose...
I think I need another holiday already. Next trip, diving! YAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment