Friday, January 15, 2010

Hell Week!

To say that this week has been rather eventful is quite an understatement. Well in my opinion at least, since my life here in really boring so every little event has a rather large impact on my otherwise very simple life.

Wednesday
I decided to switch Cooper to a new brand of dog kibble in the morning. I did the switch gradually - 3/4 old food, 1/4 new food. Cooper's stomach, for some reason, did not agree with the new food and he had diarrhea all afternoon. ON MY NEWLY VACUUMED, VERY PRISTINE CARPETS. Bloody hell.

Just when I thought the day can't get worse than me on my hands and knees trying to clean dried up dog poop off my carpet, Stephen tells me that his throat has been hurting him for days and that he's going to the doctor. 20 minutes later, Stephen calls from the doctor and said that they're referring him to the local hospital's A&E! Whoa! And here I thought he just had a sore throat and was being overly paranoid.

That was the start of a very long night. I took Grandma to A&E with me but had to drop her off home after I found out that they'll be admitting him. Took a quick shower and went back to the hospital. The doctors can't figure out what's wrong with him, plus he couldn't eat so they decided to put him on a drip and keep him in the hospital for the night.

I only got to bed that night at 2am.

Thursday
Woke up at 6:30am in order to catch the doctors on their rounds so that I can find out exactly what they are planning to do to my poor husband. Doc came around at 8am, said that he'll be seeing Stephen in about 15 minutes. That 15 minutes stretched to a 3 hour wait.

Basically the entire day was spent waiting around, going for tests, waiting some more for the doctors to figure out how to use certain equipment so that they can stick it down Stephen's throat, and finally more waiting.

2:30pm.
Had to rush home to let the carpet cleaners in since I couldn't for the life of me remove coagulated dog poop off my carpet so I had to call in the professionals.

Stephen finally was discharged. The doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with him, even after sticking multiple scopes up his nose and down his throat, so they decided to discharge him and send him on his way! Geez.

5pm
Grandma started getting really bored because she couldn't move from the couch as the carpet was still drying so I had to take her shopping. Thank God for little things that it was a Thursday so at least there was late night shopping. Grandma bought a small purse and I bought a hat.

Finally sank into bed at 11:30pm last night.
Grandma was happy with her little purchase.
I was completely exhausted after 2 full-on days.
And we still have no idea what is wrong with Stephen.

Going to get a second opinion next week. Wish us luck.

No comments: