This year, I will try to learn the art of patience. It's probably one of the more underrated virtues and personally, one of the most difficult to acquire.
"Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you, but not in the one ahead."
I will learn patience in little everyday tasks such as driving behind that old lady hell bent on going no faster than 30km/h, patience when being placed on hold for 20 mins without getting all frustrated and lecturing the first person that comes on the line about the importance of customer service, patience when listening to someone's side of the story without wanting to jump the gun, patience when waiting for Stephen to return home from his many trips.
"Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you, but not in the one ahead."
I will learn patience in little everyday tasks such as driving behind that old lady hell bent on going no faster than 30km/h, patience when being placed on hold for 20 mins without getting all frustrated and lecturing the first person that comes on the line about the importance of customer service, patience when listening to someone's side of the story without wanting to jump the gun, patience when waiting for Stephen to return home from his many trips.
"The years teach what the days never know."
I will try to learn patience in the bigger things in life. Patience with Cooper and for him to outgrow his endless puppy antics which sometimes make me want to wring his spotted little neck, patience with being here in New Zealand even though this is not a place I enjoy living in, patience with the people around me and with myself.
This is going to be one very zen year. Ohhmmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment