This weekend will be our second trip to Mount Ruapehu and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather will hold up so that we can do some snowboarding. Ok. Fine. It will be closer to the truth to say that we will attempt to snowboard because I foresee that we'll spend most of the time on our bums or knees. I would love to promise to post up lots of photos from our ski trip but I reckon I'll be too busy avoiding face-plants to be wielding the camera.
Come November, Ben (Stephen's brother) and his wife, Rika, will be flying over from Perth for a visit. We're thinking of taking a week out and travelling with the pair. The plan is to rent a camper van and drive up and down the South Island. And in return, they'll play host to us when we fly over to Perth for Christmas this year.
Our major trip will come next year. Stephen and I have decided to go on a month-long backpacking trip to Asia. We're looking mainly at travelling to Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia. And perhaps also spending a couple of weeks volunteering in one of the developing SE Asian countries teaching English, or building houses, or whatever we can find. That would be the travel highlight for that year. Can't wait!
5 comments:
Whao!!! The trip next year sounds sooo exciting!!!! I am also planning a backpacking trip for a mth next year too!!!
Sherry - where are you planning to backpack to? i was actually considering europe but figured it'll cost a bomb!
ahhah..you are right! Europe is expensive, but that shouldn't stop you from going!
I am thinking of Ethiopia, since it is closer to me than back to HK for my holiday! haha..but Middle East is on my mind too!!! too tough to choose!!!
Ethiopia? Middle East?
Sherry, you're naming places that I didn't even consider going. And here I thought South Afria would be a really exotic destination.
trust me...South Africa is just like any other big city and it's way too commercial! have u guys got any idea which S.asia countries to go yet? I think Bhutan would be good..but very expensive place......
Post a Comment