Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Your Thoughts: Pet Dog Barbequed and Eaten

The latest uproar among the animal-lovers community involves news about a Tongan man who was found roasting his pitbull terrier-cross on a BBQ pit in his home. The dog had been skinned and gutted and partially charred when SPCA inspectors arrived. In this man's defense, it is perfectly normal to be eating dog's meat and is considered a delicacy.

Read news article here.

And here's another article in his defense. It's an interesting read.

Let me know what you think.

Is it wrong to BBQ and eat your dog if it turned violent and had to be put down anyway?

5 comments:

nicole said...

OMG... I cant imagine eating nugget!!!!! yuckssssssss.. he has so much fur!!!!

DoopsieOopsie said...

Do what the Tongan man did first - he skinned the dog! Heh! Yummy Nugget...!

nicole said...

tarts, u r evil!!!! anyway, nugs is too skinny to be eaten.. he lost weight!

Sherry the beautiful gal... said...

Honestly I think if the dog has to be put down anyway, why not eat it?! Even though I am a dog owner, but I think in that case, it is acceptable!

DoopsieOopsie said...

Sherry, as un-PC as it is and SPCA will probably track my ass down and haul me to jail, I'd have to agree with you on that one!